Combat Oriented Handgun
For The Ohio Concealed Handgun License Class
This course will consist of 7 hours of hands on training and dry fire practice, and 2 hours live fire of 100 rounds, while moving and shooting at the range. Skills learned will be grip and stances for defending yourself with a handgun. The student will learn moving while drawing fron concealed and bringing the handgun to a ready position to prepare to defend themseles. The student will also learn the safe handling and storage of handguns and ammunition rules. A written test is required by the State of Ohio.
Course Cost: $100.00
Prerequisite Course(s): NONE
- Students will need to supply 100 rounds of ammunition for the second day shooting practice.
- Neither revolvers nor .22 caliber pistols are permitted in this course.
- DO NOT purchase a pistol for this course if you do not already own one.
- We will supply all appropriate gear, minus ammunition, for the student.
What you will learn in this course:
- Proven concealed-carry handgun safety skills
- Fundamentals of defensive shooting
- Safety oriented pistol handling
- Operational fundamentals of handguns
- Safety oriented reloading of handguns
- Magazine management
- Safe malfunction clearing skills
- Carry positions and holster selection
- Tactical draw from concealment
- Sighted and non-sighted shooting
- Combat accuracy
- Tactical movement
- Personal-defense ammunition selection
- Ammunition safety and storage
- Range and dry-fire drills to improve skill
- Effective use of distance
- Recognizing a threat
- Coping with confrontational stress
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law
- How to communicate with law enforcement